Saturday, September 20, 2014

Alive and Still Kicking

Well, This week has been adventurous, to say the least! I don't know what my companion told you on Monday but I'll try my best to fill you in about why I was in the Hospital and unable to email. :)
But before that....

Our week was going really good! 

We had some great lessons with our investigators. And we even got a really potential new investigator! She is a mother of two children and when we first started teaching her, she told us that she wasn't even sure if God existed anymore because of some of the difficulties in her life right now. But we've now seen her faith begin to grow through reading the Book of Mormon. She is so eager to learn and to believe in Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. She is perhaps, one of the most sincere investigators I've ever taught.

We also got to see some wonderful progression in the Part-member father that we are teaching. Not only is he done with Second Nephi now, but he is giving copies of The Book of Mormon for his friends to read! He referred a friend to us, and even helped us find a long lost less active. When we went with him to meet the Less active, she expressed concern about attending church. He just told her, "Don't worry. Come to church with us!" Um... are you the investigator, or what? He's so AMESOME! He is so different from when I first met him and I love watching the changes in his life from reading the Book of Mormon. 

So our week was great! And then... I got sick...

It started on Friday. I was on exchanges with an old housemate from my first area, Sister Waldrom. We were both really excited to work and high in energy. We had a full day of appointments, with many great people lined up to teach that day. I didn't feel sick at all that morning... it didn't actually hit me until we were on the jeepney ride to our first appointment. I was like, "Wait... I feel a little weird...." But I brushed it aside. We went to teach our first appointment but it was postponed until later in the day. So we started walking to our next one. Sister Waldrom told me that she felt a little off balance and joked that if she passed out, I would have to catch her. I told her I was feeling a little weird too, but at that point I still wasn't "sick". 
And then, we got to our next lesson. As soon as we started I felt like I was going to pass out. I was instantly struck with every symptom ever. PSH. Satan is so mean! Anyway, we completed the lesson thanks to many silent prayers. After the lesson, we got to the high before everything started going black. I collapsed on a bench, and after a few minutes when I still wasn't feeling any better, Sister Waldrom insisted that we return home. When we finally made it, I was running a fever of 102. Dang. I slept most of the day and then just before poor Sister Waldrom was off the hook as my companion, I threw up twice. She lovingly cleaned it up for me. Then just before she and her companion left, I threw up 3 more times. I was bedridden for 3 days straight, with a high fever unable to keep anything down. Then I started getting an infection in my eye... long story short... I ended up in the hospital. I've been taking medication now and it's been slowly getting better. I'm hoping that by tomorrow, I'll actually be able to work. 

Well, times up. 
Love you all! 

-Sister Beaumont 

No comments:

Post a Comment