Sunday, January 25, 2015

My Goals Or Desires For the Next 5 Months

First of all, I just want to thank my brother for his awesome spirit! I love his letters every week and highlight things to remember and try in our work here in the Philippines! Your the best Trevor! 

What a great week to be a missionary! Even though it was extremely busy, (I forgot to add last week that all those meetings were on top of our proselyting time...) We really saw amazing miracles. It's incredible how much the hand of the Lord is in our daily lives. 
So firstly, you asked  a while back what my goals were about this coming year. After much thought and prayer, I have concluded on the following list of what I call, "My 5 desires". These are the top 5 desires of the next 5 months of what I want to accomplish in the mission. 

1. I want to be confident that I am a consecrated missionary with an eye single to the Glory of God. 
2. I want to finish like it's my first day, with all the missionary fire we start with. I want to leave it all on the field. 
3. I want to better come to know my Savior and use his atonement daily. 
4. I want to leave every person and area better than I found it. 
5. I want to bring one more soul unto Christ, a.k.a Help at least one more person unto the waters of baptism. :)

So there you have it! My goals for the last few months of my mission. 

Last week Mom asked me how I feel about  my batch going home and I'm still in the mission. Honestly, I'm so relieved. I can't go home that soon!!!!!! I'm so incredibly grateful for the extra time that I have to serve God and to be his missionary. I also have seen recently an unexpected gift that Heavenly Father has given me out of it. Because my batch is going home, I have had the chance to talk with them about their fears and uncertainties about it all. I understand how they feel and what they are going to feel because I already went through it before. I have been able to counsel them on the things that will be most helpful and the things that they can look forward to and expect. It's a wonderful blessing that Heavenly Father has given me to be able to understand and reach out to everyone in my batch. I feel like everything is switched now, and I'm encouraging them, haha! 

So I just want to record some really cool miracles this week! First, We have had a lack of intrest lately as we've street contacted people and most people are more interested in my nationality than getting a lesson. My companion and I put our heads together and prayed hard this week and last week that we would be able to have some interested potentials from oyming. Well, prayers work! We talked to 18 people one day and 17 of them accepted lessons. It seemed like everyone in our path was prepared and realdy for some lessons! How cool! 

Second, there was a lady on this jeep one day that I really felt like I needed to talk to. The only problem was, she was too far away and I could get to her. I kept looking at her and feeling the need, but I didn't know how. Finally I just prayed that I would be able to have the opportunity to talk again, if it was the will of God. Incredibly, she was sitting next to me the very next jeepney ride! Almost 3 hours later, we boarded the same jeep. Can you believe it? Even cooler, she accepted lessons. Heavenly Father answers our prayers. 

Well,
Mahal kita! 
-Sister Beaumont 

No comments:

Post a Comment