Monday, January 12, 2015

Time Flies When You Are Busy

Well,
First off, Happy Birthday Tanner! I love you so much! Hope the day was special! And happy birthday Grandpa Warby! I love you too! 
This week seemed to come and go in a matter of 7 hours instead of 7 days. It was so fast! Time can really fly when you are busy! 
We had exchanges this week- my first one of the transfer. I still have 8 more to go! :) I'm so excited. The girl I went with was Sister Kerr, I sent you a picture of it. She is going home in Jan 30 so she had a lot to teach me. We worked really hard and saw amazing miracles in her area. On such miracle was that we got introduced by a member to this man who is slowly going blind. He used to be atheist, but since going blind has come to believe in God and spends everyday reading what he can about God online through his big screen. We shared Ether 12:27 with him and he started crying. He said that he has had several missionaries from other religions come to his house, but none have had such an effect on him as us. He said there was a power from God that he could feel. He asked us to read the scripture again. Then he said, "God has answered my prayers." Then we asked him to close with a prayer and he said in his prayer, "Father, the Sisters said they want to come back. Please help them to come back." It was the first time I had ever heard that and I started crying! Then after the prayer he said again, "I felt it again! This is truly something better than all the missionaries before had to offer." It was a reminder to me of the special message that we carry as missionaries. It is better than anything the world has to offer! 
I got to attend MLC, missionary Leadership council this week. It was an amazing meeting and it completely changed my life! I think this has been my favorite meeting out of all the meetings on my mission. I learned so much about Christ and his Enabling power of the atonement. One thing that I liked especially was something that our mission president said. "You are the limiting factor to how much the Lord can magnify you. His enabling power and magnification is limitless." 
We got to teach a FHE lesson to the A. family this week. We sang a hymn from the tagalog hymn book and the spirit just rushed into the room. We sang love at home and I really could feel the love that God has for each of his special children and especially how important it is to him that families are forever. At the end of the lesson I shared with them about how I had been a member all of my life, and how the church helped me through primary, young women, and relief society. I also shared the blessings it was in my family and how strong my family was as we attended each week together. It made me really realize all that the church has done for me! How grateful I am for the blessings I've received. 

For the funny corner, We were teaching a lesson this week and suddenly, this woman's 2 year old son came running in and peed right all of her book of mormon and pamphlets. He then turned and aimed for us.  Luckily Luckily Luckily Luckily Luckily Luckily Luckily Luckily Luckily Luckily Luckily Luckily inches. (Kids hardly wear pants around here so that can happen sometimes.) It was so funny! Those moments, haha.

Well, I love you all so much! 
Have a great week! Remember Heavenly Father loves you! 

-Sister Beaumont 

No comments:

Post a Comment