Monday, March 9, 2015

Manila!

















So, this week, we did some good, hard work as a companionship- just not in our area. After being out for a week (from the hospital and what-not), we had to catch up on some of our responsibilities. It was pressuring, but we managed to come out okay. And then we had that surprise trip to Manila, for fingerprinting. We found out the day before and even though I've looked forward to that my whole mission, I was suddenly NOT excited because it meant that we lost one more day of working in our area!  And on top of that, we had the Missionary Council this week. Oh yeah, and then practically all of our investigators and recent converts caught chickenpox, so we couldn't teach them. But if you're doing you best, truly, Heavenly Father blesses you for your efforts and will watch out for all your investigators. 
Here is just a few miracles that came from this week: 

There is a member who referred to us one of our investigators, but is never available to be in the lessons. From the Preach My Gospel, we learn that the ideal situation is when a member who referred an investigator is present in the lesson, so it's really important that he can come. But like I shared, he is never available and hasn't been for about 3 months. But the miracle is, when we got to the house of the investigator this week, he was already there! It was a truly a miracle because we have been texting and asking for one and a half transfers and even that day, we texted him. But he never replied, as usual, so we just went to the investigators house, and to our surprise, there was the member! I could see how Heavenly Father had answered our prayers and the member was just perfect in the lesson. Another was to this amazing family (the one I keep talking about) that I love teaching and everytime we do, I just picture them in white. I love teaching them and before the lesson, we sang primary songs out of the hymnbook while waiting for the mom to finish cooking and the father was in tears. I could see that although he might not have understood the English, the spirit of those hymns really touched him. And the last lesson was from our investigator that we were close to dropping because she was never home when we went, but Heavenly Father helped us to see that she needs one more chance by placing us in the right place at the right time. 

And like I shared already, we went to Manila. It was really fun, really exhausting, and everything else in between those. There were 44 of us that went, so it was a big group- party! I also got to see the elders from my old mtc district there, so that was really cool! 

Anyway, that's all I have time for! 
Mahal kita! 

-Sister Beaumont 

No comments:

Post a Comment