Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Finally A Real Letter Again












Well, Finally I can write a real letter. Sorry about the last two weeks. I was feeling a little light-headed and having a hard time writing a complete letter. (Because of the asthma attack.) 
But, now, I'm back to normal and ready to update you fully on my adventures here in Lipa! 
First of all, I finished my second journal on the mission. This means that I have 3 mission journals! I either write alot, or write really big. I think it's a bit of both. But I am being especially creative with this last one, because I'm pretty sure it will be my LAST. 

Good things always come out of trials, and the good news is, my doctor accepted appointments. She visited utah before and is really potential. We gave her two pamplets and set up an appointment with her for next week. I'm really excited to teach her. Another testimony that good things come from our trials is what happened on Wednesday. Our district leader took one for the team by catching chicken pox this week. Because he had chicken pox, he's been quarintined in the house for 10 days and so we were unable to have district meeting. So that's the trial part. Poor thing. Here's the good news though! Because he was quarinteened, we were able to go out earlier on Wednesday and
-we obtained new baptismal goal dates
-arrived at the house of an investigator just when she needed us
-and were able to get a great member present to two investigators who were struggling with the same problem as our member present. 
Hurray for Chicken Pox! :) 

Because I'm running short on time, here are two other miracles I want to list. 
1. I felt prompted to pray in our companion study one day that any investigators who had plans to leave their house would feel prompted instead to stay so that we could teach them. We were running low in the lesson numbers because of how much I had been sick and really needed to see our investigators. Well, the first investigator we visited told us as soon as we came, "Sisters, I had an activity that I was excited to attend, but just an hour before, I didn't feel like going any more. I didn't know why, but I felt like I should stay instead. And then you came 15 minutes after it started. I guess Heavenly Father wanted you to teach me today!" That was so cool to see the direct answer to my prayer! 
2. I was with some member children outside their home, waiting for their mom to come back so we could teach them when a 15 year old girl wandered by. I was laughing with the 5 year old member girl and we were talking about Frozen and singing it with her. The 15 year old girl was amazed at me being foreigner and asked me to sing for her. I almost started to sing frozen, but instead got the impression to sing Families can be together forever. I started and the member children all joined in. The 15 year old girl had tears in her eyes and immediately asked if we could visit her. I could see in her lit up face that the message of eternal families really touched her. I'm so glad I followed that prompting and I'm excited to see where it goes with her family. 

As always, keep our investigator family in your prayers for us. They are so golden and only need to have work off on Sunday so they can attend church! 
Love you! 

-Sister Beaumont 

No comments:

Post a Comment