Saturday, April 11, 2015

Happy Easter - Letter April 5, 2015








Happy Easter everyone! I hope that you all got the chance to watch that video from last email. I really loved it and have seen it about 6 times now. We are focusing on it as a mission and trying to work it in to our teaching and finding efforts. Our mission president has encouraged us to come up with "Because He lives" Statements to share with other people while street contacting. Its been really effective to testify in that way. "Because He lives, we have a message that will change your life." I especially love the ending part of that video, FIND HIM. 
I hope that we will all spend our time Finding Him, because He does live and He is always here, in the good, the bad, and the in between. 

Well, this week we didn't get around to much working because there was some illness in the apartment. For my concerned parents, It wasn't bad and it wasn't all me. :) Just a little bit me... I had a strange allergic reaction this week, but It's okay, I'm fine now. Anyway, it was good though in a round about way, because it gave my companion and I lots of time to get to know each other. Literally, we just spent the week laughing. We have so much fun together and are super tight. I love her so much and I hope she kills me next transfer. I don't want another companion after her. 

We have been working hard to build the relationships of trust with the sisters in our zone, with the members, and with our investigators. It's been hard hard work, because the trust was a little broken because of previous missionaries, but there are noticeable changes and it is so exciting and gratifying. I'm so grateful for Heavenly Father's help in this and I know that we couldn't do it with out much prayer and following the spirit. Once we have the trust in those three areas, the work will be so much easier. 

Well, my brothers have asked for more funny stuff in my emails. 

I don't really remember anything funny that happened, but my companion is super funny. She has a mixed accent because she grew up half of her life in California and half in New Zealand. Sometimes I start to speak a little like her and I think she thinks that I'm mocking her or something, but I can't help it, it's unconsciously done. :) But we honestly don't have any problems. She always jokes whenever she sees Americans and says, "Hey, it's your cousins." I always crack up. One time I got her and said when we passed an american, "Oh no! It's my ex boyfriend." She believed me for a little bit. It was funny. 

I'll have to watch out for more funny stuff next week. But hey, it's time to go. I love you and I'll talk to you next week! 

-Sister Beaumont 

No comments:

Post a Comment