Saturday, April 11, 2015

New Companion - Letter from March 22, 2015

Hello! I'm at the start of a new transfer~ second to last actually. It's so crazy how fast the time has gone by and most the of the time, I'd rather not think about it and just focus on the day at hand. My dear companion, Sister Dadivas went home on Sunday after church, (She completed her mission) and so I'm now in a threesome with the other two sisters in my apartment, Sister Gupit and Sister Melosantos. We are having a lot of laughs and fun and I'm happy to be their companions for this short time. On Thursday, my new companion is coming and..... she is..... TONGAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can you believe, I am going to have another Tongan companion in the mission!!? Her name is Sister Mahoni and she is my batch. So we are both going home together.... which probably means I will transfer so the area won't have to be a re-open. I really hope not though! I want to stay in Lipa! I love it here. I don't really know her all the that well, just that she is tongan, from New Zealand. I'm excited to meet her on Thursday. 

Well, as far as this week went, we had the opportunity to watch Meet the Mormons at the Zone Conference. I really loved it and the last story gave me hope for one of our investigators who actually is having pretty near to the same experience. I realized in the movie that she too has the chance for that life- a life in which she is enriched in the gospel, has a son who serves a mission, and even married to a returned missionary. She is starting to loose her hope and faith and I hope through our hope and faith, we can bring her back to her testimony. She used to be really strong, but too many trials have hit her and now she even questions if God is real and if He cares about her. So that message of hope from the other woman will be so helpful in her situation! I also loved the part about the candy bomber! It was so cool to see a childhood favorite story in a movie! 

I was on exchanges this week and we taught this awesome investigator in their area. She is well learned in the bible and in other religions, but after studying more about the life of Jesus Christ, decided that her current church was not true. Since then she has been searching for the right church. I love these ones. Well she told us that in the year of missionaries visiting her home, she has felt much hope and peace and a "light feeling." We testified to her that this was from the spirit. Then she asked about why we believed there were prophets. We testified about Joseph Smith and prophets and then she said, "Sister's, I think you are right. But I'm going to ask God first." We almost jumped for joy. "Yes! Ask Him!" She commited herself to prayer! :) I love being on exchanges. You see so many miracles in other people's lives from all across the board! It's so cool! 

Well, love you! 

-Sister Beaumont 

No comments:

Post a Comment