Saturday, April 11, 2015

Testimony - March 30, 2015

Hello everyone! FIRST, BEFORE YOU READ MY EMAIL, TAKE 7 MINUTES OF YOUR TIME, AND LOOK AT THIS. http://www.mormon.org/easter

If you go to that website, you will find a wonderful video that was and is being broadcast in hundreds of different ways to all the world. Please take your time and visit it. It will be worth every second of you time. Don't just watch the video, but take time to explore the website as well! There is much to be learned about our Savior Jesus Christ this Easter Season. 

Well, last week I really wanted to share this with you, but I feel like this week is more appropriate. I wanted to share my testimony. After bearing my testimony in Zone Conference, I felt impressed to also share it in my email home. For anyone reading this that doesn't know the word testimony- a testimony is a truth that you know in your heart that fills you with light and happiness, and cannot be taken away. It can only be given away, and returned to you with increase. 

I know that God is real. He is all powerful, all knowing. He is the supreme creator of all. And He prefers us to call Him Father. I know I am a child of God. I know that He has a plan for me. Central to that plan is my Savior Jesus Christ. I know that Jesus is the Christ and that He truly sacrificed Himself for us. That Sacrifice is called the Atonement. I believe in second chances because of the Atonement. I believe in hope, in light, in happiness and in life after death, because of the Atonement. I know that he established a church here on this earth and his true church has been restored to us through the prophet Joseph Smith. I know that innocent blood was split on the floor of Carthage jail because Joseph Smith was truly called by God. He brought about the restoration of the important truths of the gospel, which enable us to come closer to our Heavenly Father. We can gain a testimony of Joseph Smith through prayer and sincere desire to know. I know, because I asked in prayer. My prayer was answered. Joseph Smith truly was a prophet. The Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ. It is complimentary to the Bible, and both would be incomplete without the other. And I know, with all my heart, mind and soul that this church is the true church of God here on this earth. I am blessed to have the gospel in my life and I thank my father in heaven for it everyday. And I share this in the sacred name of our Savior, Jesus Christ Amen. 

I hope and pray that if anything I testified of is something you do not yet know for yourselves, that you will make an effort to know through prayer to your Father in Heaven. I promise you that He will answer. 

I love you! 
Because He Lives, we too will live again! 
Sister Beamont 

No comments:

Post a Comment