Monday, December 1, 2014

I Wasn't Able To Work In Barra Much This Week
























Happy Happy birthday, Daddy dear, happy wishes to you from me... How does that song go? Haha! I really don't remember those things anymore.
Especially in English. I speak Tagalog so much now, I feel like I can speak faster and easier in Tagalog than my own native language. 
I actually noticed today as we were practice teaching in English that I start out thinking Tagalog and translated in my head what I want to say from Tagalog into English. 
How strange.  I really hope I can speak English to you when we skype in 25 days! ;) 
I also feel like I'm forgetting that I'm American. I've had non-American companions ever since my first transfer and the last two transfers I've been the only American in the apartment. 
When I look at myself in the mirror, I get a little weirded out. I'm all like, "Why are you white?" Haha, but I love it. I love my companion so so much and I love the other sisters too! We 
have a party all the time and laugh and joke in Tagalog. 

So this week, we didn't get to go to work very much. We only worked two full days because Sister Finau went to Manila for two days, and then when she came back she was so tired because 
her travel was 8 hours one way on a bus and she didn't sleep at all that she slept from 2:00 p.m to 6:30 a.m the next day. Poor thing. So then the next day we went shopping for her because she missed P-Day and we went to pay the bills, which ended up being a 4 hour ordeal. Whew. So we didn't have the opportunity to teach. We taught on Friday though and it was really good to get back out on the streets of Barra. I was starting to really miss it! Unfortunately, Saturday it rained and flooded in Barra so 40 minutes after getting there, we had to turn around and go back. We had just enough time to help a less active do some laundry. Then Sunday we had meetings and a members Birthday gathering to attend... Anyway, I'm really excited this week to work a full week! 

While Sister Finau was in Manila, I got to do a mini exchange with another Sister named Sister Krisubanu. She is so cute! She is from Indonesia and we had so much fun working together. She is only in her training still, but
I felt like she was as good as me in Tagalog and teaching, if not better. What a fast learner! 

Anyway, I've got to go now. I love you all! See you in 25 days! 
Mahal na mahl kita! 
-Sister Beaumont 

No comments:

Post a Comment